Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thierry Cardon

Thierry was diagnosed with severe cancer 3 weeks ago and he refused any further treatment. He is at home right now with his partner Sylvie and waits for the departure, as he puts it, for his biggest journey of his life.
When I started as a heli skiing guide 17 years ago I had the fortune of having Thierry there as my mentor, teaching me-in his very own way-the ins and outs of the intricate heli guiding challenge and furthermore, everyday life.
If only a fraction of what he thought me in all those years will stick in my mind, it will make me a better guide and person. For those who had a pleasure to meet him, please send him lot's of positive energy, he certainly needs it right now.

2 comments:

jflanvers said...

I knew Thierry when we taught skiing together in Avoriaz, France, during the winter of 69-70. I'm really sorry to hear these sad news about him.
JF Lanvers, Park City, Utah

anselme said...

quelle tristesse de perdre ce bon vieux copain.Parisien passioné par l 'escalade il devint excellent guide .Déja à Avoriaz comme pisteur puis guide ; aprés notre voyage en Am.du Sud( 3 premieres routes en Bolivie) ou il adorait la musique, il fit sa vie au Canada comme il en révait.Merci pour ta fidéle amitié et ta bonne humeur Anselme Baud guide.Chamonix