Friday, June 25, 2010

fourtyone

Another year went by in a hurry and today I turned 41. When I turned 40 last year I had a bit of hard hard time accepting that I got older and I'm probably not the only one that feels this way. The phenomena is called mid life crises and it happens to everyone out there sooner or later. In an effort to overcome my "crises" I set myself a bunch of personal goals on my 40 B-day last year, the few I achieved I will list below, the ones I didn't (and there are lot's) I keep for myself.
-climb a solid 8a without too much projecting
-climb an M10 without too much projecting
-climb a hard multi pitch water fall ice route with alpine character
-on sight a 5.12 multi pitch
-free solo a long 5.10 alpine rock route
-guide a week of ski touring
-spend more time with my lovely family
-survive all of the above
The pics below are from my B-day party last year in Austria. 20 of my my best friends from the "old days" had a get together at a private alpine hut and we had ourselves a grand catch up. With the aid of beer, wine and schnapps we even got to sing the best mountaineering songs of the old days, and in our minds the even sounded great. A night I will never forget and a big thank to everyone who made it happen!

No comments: