Friday, November 14, 2008

in the ice again!

the ice season is on! I was quite slow to react due to various injuries, which kept me focusing more on my work at the lodge and family and simply the couch. I managed to get out and climb Nemesis with Steve H. and Aaron B., which was a blast, and a couple of days later I had a morning session on easy ice in Ranger Creek with Provincal Park boy Steve. Today we had an alpine start for an alpinish route in Kananaskis Country. Our goal was the massive east face of MT. Sorrel, which has some stunning lines to offer. Unfortunately it had snowed a bit too much overnight with strong winds from the SW and we had to bail due to avalanche hazard below and above our attended route. Steve enjoys his sandwich in way or another and Lila, who bravely joined us for the day, had to watch with disgust. Back in Canmore for lunch time with the family without swinging a tool!

No comments: