Monday, October 15, 2007

finally back in the Ghost

Today I had a chance to go climbing to the South Ghost with Marc P. It was the first time in the summer in oneandahalf years for me, that time I had a good day in the North Ghost with Jay on a route called "good night New Orleans". This time we settled for the "old" classic "Dreams of Verdon"on the massive Wild West Wall, a seven pitch bolted line rated 11+. Maybe we were out of shape, or it's just not our style of climbing, but we both found the rating a bit stiff. Nevertheless we had a super day, not a cloud in the sky, no other soul in the Valley (which was surprising since it's Turkeyweekend!), and back for dinner with the kids. Maybe the last day for touching rock this year for me, I got to go to the Lodge again tomorrow, and the temps are supposed to drop, like they usually do at this time of the year.

No comments: